Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Syd Update

Monday was Sydney's 15 month check up. He is doing very well, though is still on the small side. I, personally, thought he was huge (except for his weight - he could easily have gone down a diaper size after his bout with the stomach flu over Thanksgiving), but apparently, that is just in my mind since I see him every day.

Syd is hitting every milestone he should - he's even reaching some that are not expected for a 15 month old. But the point is, he's healthy and happy, and busily eating blueberry waffles as we speak.

I love this little guy so much. I understand, now, when parents of kids told Steve and me how much fun it is to have a little one. But this is simply something one cannot fathom, regardless of nieces, nephews, or siblings, until one experiences it for oneself with one's OWN child. I know I've tried to pass the feeling on to friends who are still childless, but I feel like I talk in circles. Until you experience it, there is no explaining it.

So, we're winding down the clock until the first Christmas he can really interact with. Other than a few attempts to yank the lights off the tree, he's been very good, considering decorations, etc. He has been transfixed with the snow, pointing it out everywhere, even on my clothes and on the ornaments. And his new favorite word is "mau" - long, drawn out, and whenever he sees a cat. So, it's more like "maaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."

Happy Holidays, everyone. I'll post pics next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment