Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Testing Season, Again

The Reading SoL is in less than 3 weeks. It isn't even mid-January yet.

The test is harder.
It is harder to pass.
We've only just begun to discover what the new test questions are like.
It's earlier in the year.

I'm a little frazzled. A bit concerned. A skoch worried. 

I, and my 11th grade cohorts, have restructured our entire curriculum this year in order to attempt to prepare our students. There is nothing more we can teach; now, we wait and see what sank in.

Forgive me my brevity. I've had a lot on my plate.

But the effulgent lining?

After January 30th, after the scores come back and students know whether they've passed or failed, after the weight is lifted...

...I have no idea what to do or how to do it because I've never had this much time to actually ENJOY teaching without the threat of stormy SoLs hanging over my head. I look forward to navigating these new waters and discovering hidden gems to which I've long since said 'adieu,' since they weren't aligned with the State of Virginia's Standards of Learning. This shall be fun.

Oh, and Mother Nature may then storm all she wants and I won't stress. At least, not over my juniors... My seniors still need to prepare for their AP Exam in May. But one worry at a time... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment