Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 2, 2013

Roasted Apple Crisp - Waste Not, Want Not

How often have you remembered you've some sad, lonely fruit or vegetable sitting around? I was yearning something sweet, and I knew I shouldn't let these sit any longer, so I decided to make my own version of quick Roasted Apple Crisp - with the crisp inside the apples!

Roasted Apple Crisp

  • Start with thoroughly cleaning the apples. I love this organic Veggie Wash - it just helps me feel I'm doing something good for my family, especially when we're unable to always obtain organic vegetables or fruits.


  •  Using a melon baller, scoop out the core. Make sure you leave part of the bottom intact so the juices and butter don't all escape. :-)


  • I mixed about a tablespoon of butter with 1/4 oatmeal, a tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves and cinnamon as well as a dash of salt. Mix the stuffing until it is crumbly.
  • Spoon the mixture into the apple cavities and place the tray in the toaster oven/oven. I used our toaster oven and set the temperature to around 375*. I would say the apples took about 20 minutes to roast.
They were so yummy! What a perfect way to curl up and read a book - with a cute little apple crisp topped with a dollop of whipped cream. I can see myself doing this on the nights that Steve and I curl up with our hot cocoa and just enjoy the tree lights and fireplace. The only thing missing is a gentle snowfall outside our windows.

What do you have lying around you'd like to repurpose? What methods do you use for cleaning out the cupboards and the fridge?


    No comments:

    Post a Comment