Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I did it; So can you!

I finished my book!

No, really!

I am thrilled at the moment, and I don't know what to do. I knew I would have to wait until after school was over to focus on it. But, Steve's grandmother was able to stay with Syd for the past three days so I could focus, uninterrupted.

Day 1: The majority of the day was spent reading what I had and making plot line notes on paper. I hadn't read it since I wrote it in November.

Day 2: Finish the main story. I had to tie up loose ends, bring about a way for it to end, etc.

Day 3: Write the closing chapter, double check loose ends (I really despise loose ends - I loathe watching a movie or reading a book and asking "What about ___? What happened to him? Why was this introduced with no follow up?" Drives me crazy and can truly ruin a solid story for me. I hope I don't have any I missed...) Is it decent? Yeah - I'd go with decent. It is awe-inspiring? No. Not a chance. But it is complete.

I am also utilizing Createspace.com to get it bound. I won 5 free copies for completing Nanowrimo.org this past November. Steve has claimed one copy. I promised G.W. a copy (the wonderful, brilliant, dark child of my heart who gave me a copy of her Nano book). And one must stay on my own bookshelves. The last two - well, we'll see...

The problem? It is taking for-ev-er for the 95 pages to load on to Createspace. Really. I've been sitting here, doubting myself, twiddling my thumbs, and writing the blog entry for nearly 30 minutes waiting for it to load. I hope it completes soon. But I am proud of my accomplishment, and I love the fact that I was able to use a photo I took for the cover art. I am anxious to see the finished copy...

Steve is excited - he said he'd like to participate in this year's Nanowrimo. I say go for it. But then again, if we both participate, there won't be any clean clothes for the month, and we'll probably subsist completely on chicken nuggets and french fries. Maybe, on second thought, I'll let him have this one by himself...

1 comment:

  1. Yay, good for you!!! I'd love to read it, Dionne!! Love you!XOXO

    ReplyDelete