Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2010

One Last Bit of School News

So sorry to revert back to school news...I know, I know...I'm supposed to be uploading my most recent pics of Sydney. It's been ages. Forgive me.

I simply couldn't resist adding this story of my ghost in the trailer. I think all I had to do was lug out my fridge, two Globe theaters students made for extra credit, and a few odds and ends. Everything else was packed, moved, or tossed. I took one last look around, and locked my door on Thursday afternoon. Exams were done. Grades were posted. I was finished except for a few minor things...

Friday morning rolls around. I walk up to my trailer. No, I don't have much in there, but I still have keys, and it still has a/c, so you bet I was going to park my stuff in there until I truly was finished for the summer. I enter, go to my desk to put everything down, and realize that my bookcase at the back of the room has been moved 1 foot away from the wall. Nothing else was touched, and almost everything else is gone. I go closer to look, thinking perhaps the janitor decided to vacuum, which is pointless since the trailer will no longer be at Byrd (so they tell us) at the beginning of the new school year. Nope. Classroom crumblies still on the ground around it.

Rafe comes in his side of the trailer about 15 minutes later. I ask him if, for some strange reason, he moved my bookcase. He says he was going to ask me why I moved it. Obviously, that's a 'no.'

The only thing I can think of, and it doesn't hold much water, is that the vibrations from the construction caused it to shift, now that it is empty. But nothing else in the trailer has shifted, so that makes no sense whatsoever. The janitor wouldn't have moved it just because. Rafe said it must be "My" ghost that did it.

I wonder if this is the ghost we used to have at home, since I haven't seen much action here lately? Did it follow me to school one day? I wonder if it will be there next year when I am (supposedly) inside the building instead of in a trailer?

Either way, whatever the entity is, it is by no means malignant. So, we'll see...stay tuned in 2 months and I'll let you know! :-)

And one last bit of news: Happy Birthday, honey! I love you!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment