Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

Ah, yes...we return to the title. It fits, this evening. The best laid plans were to catch up my grades. Didn't really happen. Doesn't help that I have to reread the first 14 chapters of (snore) Wuthering Heights. The novel has some redeeming qualities, but it's not the easiest read when you're consistently in the hole when it comes to sufficient sleep.

I planned, too, on attending our school's senior drag contest/fun night. I'm not exactly sure how to describe this event, and I am VERY ashamed to say I've never made it, before. But, in the past I was balancing coaching and teaching, and tonight we have a recovering baby (ear infection), rereading WH, and for reasons on which I do not yet wish to elaborate, a basic need to be home and with my family. My most sincere apologies to Kathleen and Katie, who worked very hard to put this pageant together. It doesn't help that it started at 7, and that is smack in the middle of Sydney's wall...

Short blog, this evening...just a request that my readers keep us in your hearts and thoughts as some things begin to sort themselves out. And, in the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, and repeated by Ben every Friday morning on the live announcements, "Stay classy - world."

No comments:

Post a Comment