Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What to cook?

Steve and I have been together for over 14 years. We've been married 8 1/2. And I am blessed to be with him, as he is with me. We appreciate the opportunity to have an excuse to spend some time with each other, but the significance of the Valentine holiday has diminished in the past few years.

But now we have our first child, and we have not gone out and been a couple but twice since he's come.

Our plan is to get Grandma-La to babysit for us on Saturday. After Steve's youth basketball game is over and he's had a chance to come down off his euphoria from winning (um...winning - even though these are 7 year old girls and they are not supposed to keep score...), we plan to run a few errands and get some lunch together. That will be our Valentine's Day. It will be nice for me to get out, especially, since we've had so many snow days recently.

But the actual holiday is on Sunday. I'm trying to determine what to make for dinner that evening that will be special. I could, easily, just go with his favorite homemade meal: My meatloaf (he's not a fan of meatloaf, but he'll fight me for the last piece of mine), homemade mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits, and a vegetable - usually corn, though I could go for creamed corn. But I want to do something really special this year. I already have an idea for a dessert. I won't share it with you until after just in case he reads this between now and then...

But the main course?? Any ideas?? PLEASE offer any suggestions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment